Perran-ar-Worthal School Curriculum Map
The school aims for its curriculum to:
- meet the needs and interests of all learners
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all learners
- be integrated with effective teaching, learning and assessment
- be at the heart of the schools' strategies to raise achievement and improve outcomes for all their learners
The national curriculum sets out the programmes of study and attainment targets for all subjects. All local authority maintained schools in England must teach these programmes of study.
Compulsory national curriculum subjects at primary school are:
- design and technology
- art and design
- physical education (PE), including swimming
- ancient and modern foreign languages (at key stage 2)
Schools must provide Religious Education (RE) but parents can ask for their children to be taken out of the whole lesson or part of it.
Schools often also teach:
- personal, social and health education (PSHE)
- modern foreign languages (at key stage 1)
The following curriculum map provides hyper-links that show the structure and coverage of each curriculum area taught at Perran-ar-Worthal CP School. The links include the statutory National Curriculum Programmes of Study.
- Knowledge Organisers EYFS Autumn 1 - EYFS.pdf
- Knowledge Organisers KS1 Autumn 1 - Year 1.pdf
- Knowledge Organisers KS1 Autumn 1 - Year 2.pdf
- Knowledge Organisers KS2 Autumn 1 - Year 3 - Starlings.pdf
- Knowledge Organisers KS2 Autumn 1 - Year 4 - Skylarks.pdf
- Knowledge Organisers KS2 Autumn 1 - Year 5 - Kingfishers.pdf
- Knowledge Organisers KS2 Autumn 1 - Year 6 - Swifts.pdf
The workshops include:
Art – Taught by Mrs Teasdale, Mrs Trembath and Mrs Philp
Design Technology – Taught by Mrs Royle
Drama – Taught by Mr Collett (this can take place in the village hall where the children enjoy the benefits of a ‘real’ stage and the additional space)
Cooking – Taught by Miss Cleaver(HLTA)
Music – Taught by Mrs Pallot
Outdoor Learning – Taught by Mrs Royle (this includes going outdoors every week, shelter building, gardening and much more)
PE – Taught by Mr Collett (for KS2 only)
Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) – Taught by Mr Trudgeon
Pupil Voice – Taught by Mrs Pallot (these workshops give the children an opportunity to develop their speaking skills, share their views, look at how they can support charities, help people in the community and how they can improve their school and have an impact on world issues)
The workshops are blocked into 5 sessions per half term (please see timetable below). KS1 pupils are only part of the rolling programme of workshops during the afternoon. This also allows our little EYFS children to have their own creative space and time with their class teacher. KS2 are involved in the workshops for the full day.
Our FABULOUS FRIDAYS are also open to any parents and grandparents who like to get involved in the more creative elements of learning. Any talent for cooking, painting, junk modelling, gardening, shelter building etc or just wanting to experience the joy of rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck into something new is encouraged at any point during the year. We have many parents who are now regular and committed helpers that help to ensure the workshops run smoothly and effectively.
We encourage you all to pop in and experience the joy of learning through creativity!