The Government announced new funding for physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. They are allocating this extra funding directly to primary headteachers.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- Hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- Support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs, e.g. the Change 4 Life club
- Provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers.
- Run sports competitions and activities with other schools, or increase pupils’ participation the School Games
Perran-ar-Worthal School has used the money allocated to us in all the suggested ways detailed above.
- To support schools with curriculum development, training and support subject lead in schools: PE Review, Action Planning, OFSTED Guidance, develop student leadership, healthy playgrounds etc.
- 1 Day per week: £1000+ per School
- To lead,co-ordinate and deliver a full competitive programme, to include development of year 3 and 4 opportunities, and Talented and Able programme:
- 1 Day per week: £1000 per school
- To continue and expand the offer of after school sports clubs, holiday programme and Saturday School.
- Up to £500 to contribute towards full time post at PC
- To develop bespoke training for individual schools: e.g FUNS Training and resources, Youth Sport Trust Training, resources (and membership).
- YST Membership £270 + Other Bespoke ‘National Training’: Training fund contribution £230
- Remaining budget:
- Subsidising of Go Active clubs to increase participation
- New 'team colour' school P.E. kit and Staff P.E. to raise the profile of P.E. within the school
- Use of specialised P.E. teaching using Real P.E.
- P.E. resources to ensure that all children are engaged in their learning